Protein Shake Satisfaction
This may be the best protein shake I ever made. I think its the fresh-frozen strawberries and pineapple, or maybe its the peanut butter and cocoa powder (double chocolate with the protein powder). If you have the time and inclination to grind flaxseeds (I use organic golden; it takes one second to grind in coffee grinder), it delivers fresh Omega-3s and fiber.
- 1 scoop favorite chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup non-dairy milk plus 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter Blend
- Add fruit of choice (I used 8 large strawberries and 4 smallish pineapple chunks; if I had any bananas or blueberries, they would have been in there too!)
Add ice and 2 pitted dates if you like them (the little date bits are kind of my favorite part)..Blend.. heavenly!
I am learning not to be so regimented in my food prep; many happy accidents can occur if you have courage..like yesterday, I didn’t have enough bananas for the banana bread and added strawberries..it was way better!!!